Should you be doing your accounting? Is this the highest and best use of your time? Of course, you know everything about every piece of paper you touch. Your brain will replay each document's details, which adds time and pain to enter the record.
Simple Quiz: If You Had One More Productive Hour Every Day, Which Task Has The Highest Return:
- Entering in Material and Fuel slips in an Accounting System or spreadsheets
- Creating file folders for every Gas Station or Fast Food location
- Meeting and talking with prospects or clients
- Being sure that your proposal and change orders are crisp and clear and at your fingertips when you need them
- Developing processes to know who a good client is for you
- Finally, making sure the work on the job site is meeting expectations
Things That You Or Your Key Staff Can Do Effectively:
- Job locations are important – Massive windshield time costs money.
- Embrace Technology. Electronic Time-cards are the standard, and they provide the added benefit is knowing where your staff is working. We recommend T-Sheets to use with your Accounting Software or a Stand-Alone Product. With its built-in Customer Relationship Management System you can develop reports that are useful for decision-making. And the optional Dispatching Module can save time and money as well as keep track of your trucks, vans, and field workers.
Our Goal: Provide Quality Bookkeeping (Xero/QuickBooks) Set Up and Cost Codes Templates and Accounting And Consulting Services For Construction Contractors Like You.
We recognize that not everyone is an excellent fit to be an Outsourced Client. For us, the company must be located in the United States. Next, some companies, by our definition, may be too large or too complex.
We provide Accounting Services in a cloud environment. We serve Contractors like you and other Professional Services related to construction because we understand what you do, what you need when you need it, how you need it, and when you need it.
Our QuickBooks and Xero set up and cost codes (chart of accounts) templates are specially handcrafted for contractors who would like to start their system on the right track or those who are already using the software and realized how they could improve their bookkeeping workflow.
Our contractor clients range from the Weekend Warrior’s just starting part-time - Handyman, Specialty Trade Contractors, General Contractors to Builders with and without employees. We help clients with in-house bookkeeping staff and those who need occasional help or consulting.
About The Author:
Sharie DeHart, QPA is the co-founder of Business Consulting And Accounting in Lynnwood, Washington. She is the leading expert in managing outsourced construction bookkeeping and accounting services companies and cash management accounting for small construction companies across the USA. She encourages Contractors and Construction Company Owners to stay current on their tax obligations and offers insights on how to manage the remaining cash flow to operate and grow their construction company sales and profits so they can put more money in the bank. Call 1-800-361-1770 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.